Monday, June 29, 2009

The Move- Part 1

14th June 10:45
LOCATION: My bedroom,White Building,Dubai.

My phone rings.Its the upbeat lady from Accom. We moving your bed tomoro she tells me.
I say,no I'll move it,otherwise you will lose it and I'll get someones elses matress,more than likely some skanky boy who shags everything.
No,she reasures me,you will get your bed.
Ok,I say,then move it!
Shit,1 day to organise my whole move.Get on the phone find moving company,organise for him to come at 11 the next morning.Next mission-get boxes. 45 degrees outside,but we cant wait till evening to start packing,so we brave the heat and walk across the road to the supermarket,on the beg for boxes.Back to White to begin packing. Becs,Sook and I goin to share truck and move all out shit together.
Where did all this stuff come from.Everytiime I tape a box closed I turn around and more stuff has appeared.Is is multiplying behind my back???? Like rabbits?
What did I think I was going to use the 20 small asian soup spoons for? but in they go,to be not used in new apartment. Toiletries I dont remember buying let alone ever using! The shampoo for brunnettes? Im blonde. The vanilla body spray.I HATE vanilla! Do I just not think?????
Well finally all boxes are packed. Told delivery guy we would have about 15 boxes all together. I have 17 on my own! Shit,oh well!
July 15, 11:00
No sign of the moving guy.
Could kick myself for actually expecting him to show up on time.
Call him,but it says number not available!!!!
We could scream!
Have packed all my bedding into box otherwise I would just go back to bed and sob.
11:30
Still no sign of him,have exams tomoro but cant learn now as house is in a state.
Try to call again,he is still busy moving other people. Will be right here!
12:15-still not here!
Want to eat something but have packed all knives and forks.
12:24
Call him again,
"sorry Madam,sorry,coming now"
13:45
Finally arrives!
Doorbell rings,its him with his helper.
A 50 year old Indian man in his robes.Oh geez,now I have to watch as this frail old man moves my boxes while I sit on my arse and look like spoilt rich girl. Fuck it,beyond caring.
17:10
Finally all boxes are loaded,time to move.
Into a cab we pile,we wait for the movers but they are no where to be seen. Finally he appears and tell us to go on ahead,he's going to the mosque to pray.Well,how can I yell at you now,if you praying.
So off we head to our new home.
18:00
No sign of movers. Nothing in new apartment.just dining suite.
Sookies bed is there,mine is no where to be seen. Oh bed where art thou???
18:35
Movers arrive and unload all boxes.
We start unpacking.
20:30
No bed!!!!
What the hell,what am I supposed to do now????
I have to get up at 05:30 to go to college,haven't started learning my equipment locations yet and have no where to sleep.
21:00
Back into cab and back to old apartment.
There is my bed,in my room,just waiting there all alone! Damn this stupid company!
Realise all bedding in in box at new apartment.
So sleep on bare matress with a single fitted sheet to cover me.This is the most depressing situation I've ever been in.
I hate bare matresses,like a phobia!
NOW WHAT?????

Movers arrive and unload

1 comment:

  1. You know moving and shifting can be a tremendous amount of work. I once had to shift apartments and i was surprised at the amount of work involved.

    ReplyDelete